Monday, May 7, 2012

Things that have been bugging me lately

You guys, I know this is supposed to be a blog about things that we love... that we enjoy... that inspire us to embrace life fully. And normally I am ALL about that.

But sometimes, you're living life and you just realize: there are a lot of annoying things happening right now. In pop culture, in the news, in the freakin' "star tracks" on people.com. Everywhere, I tell ya! I can't get away from the annoyances, it seems.

So, here's my list of the top 5 things that are annoying me lately:

5. The fact that Carey Mulligan (aka our generation's fashion icon) got married over TWO weeks ago and we've yet to see a single photo! Not even one single grainy paparazzi pic. I literally google "Carey Mulligan wedding dress" about once a day. So far, we know that she wore a cream Prada dress and pink rain boots because it was raining. Ah! That is so cute and British! We must see pics. Why must you tease us with these adorable details and yet not release a single picture to your fans? (Can I count myself a fan if the only movie of hers I've seen is Wall Street 2?) Carey, for the love... we just want to see just one damn photo from your (most likely) gorgeous wedding. Throw us a bone, girl!

4. The 2012 Met Gala just took place, which means lots of cray-cray outfits, including this one. I don't know why, but it just freaks me out and I don't like it. Not one bit! It's just weird for the sake of being weird. No point, Christina... no point.

CHRISTINA RICCI photo | Christina Ricci

3. The fact that the super fat cat, Meow, is getting ALL kinds of press for simply being fat and then dying. Kids, let me tell you a story about the time Laura and I (and our friend Julie) lived with five cats for a full year (we're saints, we know). We lived with a cat that was maybeeeeeeeee not AS fat as that fat cat, but pretty dang close. And you didn't see us parading her around and trying to get rich off her, did you?? I wish I had a picture of our fat cat to prove to you how fat she was, but honestly, I never took a picture of her because I wanted to erase all memories of her from my life. I mean, I'm all for celebrating dead cats (SORRY cat lovers, but seriously...) but can we please get this gross thing out of the news cycle?

Meow, the 39-pound fat cat

2. The Killing. OK, so I know I should have stopped watching this show after the season one finale along with everyone else, but I just kept watching the dang show because I actually enjoyed that finale. But now... it's kinda getting on my last nerve. Honestly, I don't even think I like it anymore - I'm just waiting around to see when we finally figure out who the hell killed Rosie Larson. Veena Sud, if you keep us waiting much longer, I'm gonna flip.

1. This idiot. It's just... I just... HOLD ON TO THE BALL. Those hands can hold on to $80 million but they can't hold on to the freaking basketball. COME ON. (If you're not a Bulls fan or don't care about basketball, I apologize for the rant).

1 comment:

  1. lololololol cats. I often forget that you guys lived with Fattycat etc and then I laugh a lot when I remember.

    ReplyDelete