Saturday, March 24, 2012

Crazy for Katniss

Yup, I said it. I'm Team Katniss! Actually, I think technically I'm supposed to be Team Peeta and Gale, but whatever.

It look me a while to get on board with the craze, but I read The Hunger Games this week in preparation for the movie. Of course, like a logical person, I started reading a book people said I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PUT DOWN during one of my busiest work weeks in recent history. Ah, well. Live and learn.

Anyway, I loved the book (even though it was incredibly predictable) and am so excited to see the movie.

Suzanne Collins isn't the greatest writer ever (please, no JK Rowling comparisons...) but in terms of writers whose books have turned into blockbuster movie franchises lately, she's way better than Stephanie Meyers. So, thank the Lord for that. We're celebrating not-horrible writing again!

The books was so engaging and fun to read. She used the ol' love-triangle-in-the-middle-of-a-fight-for-your-life method to hook me in, and gosh darn it, it worked. If you haven't read the book yet, I think all you need to know is that Collins used to write for Clarissa Explains It All and The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. Convinced? I thought so.

In honor of the movie coming out this weekend, I could launch into a deep review of the book, but like I said, it's been a super long week, so instead I've compiled a list of my favorite outfits from its star, Jennifer Lawrence, who has amazing style. And amazing hair. She's right up there with Connie Britton for woman whose hair I most covet. And I think that now marks the second time we've discussed coveting Connie's hair on this blog. We can't help it!

Anyway, without further ado, here are her best looks as chosen by me:

Helllllllllllo, bombshell! It's like the Baywatch bathing suit on top, but then it's a dress, and it's perfect.



She looks like a cross between Anna Kournikova and Emily from Revenge here. Not a bad combo.



LOVE this. Love it. If I were planning my wedding, I would seriously consider this for my wedding dress, and I'm not kidding.



Here we are at yet another Hunger Games premiere. I love the bold lipstick and simple - yet daring - dress.



This one is cute and fun, but also a little cleavage-y. I think Cinna would dress her in this.



OK, so, her hair's not real here, right? It's too perfect-looking.



Not her best choice, make-up wise (looks like me going to the winter formal dance in 9th grade), but I love the bright pink color of her dress.

1 comment:

  1. HOLD.THE.PHONE. she wrote for clarissa and mystery files of shelby woo!?!? that SERIOUSLY is what is going to finally make me read these books. shelby woo=best show ever.

    ReplyDelete